- University Degree/diploma in Mining Engineering or Metallurgy
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and organisational skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Conduct or/and collaborate in geological exploration, and reviews maps, exploration data and drilling logs to determine location, size, accessibility, and estimated value of mineral deposit;
- Conduct research to determine location and methods of extracting minerals, considering factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics, overburden depth, and surrounding strata;
- Plan, recommend, and coordinate mining process, type and capacity of haulage equipment, such as power shovels and trucks, and labour utilisation;
- Lay out and direct mine construction operations, such as location and development of shafts, tunnels, chambers, position of excavation benches, and access roads;
- Design, implement, and monitor facility projects, such as water and power supply, ventilation system, rock-dust and radon gas control, drainage, rail and conveyor systems and material cleaning, grading, and reduction systems;
- Devise methods and locations to store and replace excavated soil to reclaim mine sites;
- Analyse labour requirements, equipment needs and operational costs to compute and prepare annual budget reports;
- Apply knowledge of mining engineering to solve problems concerned with environment, Occupational health and safety of miners.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday March 06, 2020. Email subject must clearly state the “job title” you are applying for.
Note: These positions are open locally. All candidates applying for this position will be selected on merit and only those short listed will be invited for interviews.